When Do I Need To Get A Survey?

When buying land and you do not clearly know where the property line is on the ground.
When selling land and you do not clearly know where the property line is on the ground.
When land is not clearly defined by a plat, legal description, or older Land Survey.
When you cannot be certain of the location of your property corners.
When building, Land Surveying often used to determine drainage, setbacks, and proper planning by many.
Before land is divided. When a lending institution requires a survey for a mortgage.
Before building a fence, building, shed, or anything close to an unknown property line.
Before timber is to be cut near a property line.
When purchasing title insurance.
Whenever a boundary line or corner is unknown or in disagreement.
To settle a boundary dispute of some type.
When you think you might have an encroachment on your land.
When clearing or doing construction in “wetland” areas in the jurisdiction of the Corps of Engineers.
Before developing property.
Many times, an Attorney, Bank or title insurance agent will require that a Land Surveyor clear up an ambiguous land description, or verify the location of structures on the property so that the lending institution can agree to finalize a loan.
Land Tech Surveying & Engineering LLC

Land Tech Surveying and Engineering: There is a New Surveyor in Town

Land Tech Surveying & Engineering LLC, is a professional land surveying and civil engineering company serving the needs of Southeastern Wisconsin. Our goal is to be our clients’ #1 choice for all their land surveying and engineering needs. We can provide you with our services in a timely and accurate manner while staying cost effective.  Land Tech Surveying & Engineering LLC uses the latest field equipment and surveying software to ensure that the client has quality results. We strive for professionalism and a commitment to long-term relationships. Our success will be measured by those whom we serve.

Land Tech provides professional land surveying services including Plat of Surveys, ALTA/ACSM surveys, Certified Survey Maps, Topographical surveys and mapping, construction staking, FEMA Elevation certificates, architectural surveys, easement and legal descriptions, environmental surveys and all types of boundary surveys for developers, builders, lenders and government agencies.

Land Tech also provides drafting and engineering services including preliminary plats, subdivision plats, Condo plats, subdivision design, stormwater management, and erosion control.

When is a survey needed?

-Prior to purchasing land to ensure what you are buying
-Prior to installing a fence, building a house, or other type of construction
-Prior to dividing land into smaller parcels
-When you sell a piece of land that has not been previously surveyed
-To verify the amount of land assessed for taxes
-When you think there is an encroachment on your land
-For design and development purposes

When you need a survey done, dont hesitate to call.  We serve all of Waukesha, Milwaukee, Ozaukee, Wasington, Dodge, Jefferson, Dane, Walworth, Kenosha, and Racine county, and the rest of Southeastern Wisconsin.

Please call us at  262-367-7599

Or visit our website

Or email us at



Land Tech Surveying in Waukesha County: The Time To Get Your Survey is Now

Now is the time to get your land surveyed.  The growth is thin while the trees are bare.  Get that survey done and set in stone before the construction season begins in spring.  That way you will be one step ahead of everyone.  Prices for lots and mortgages are being offered at great rates.  Get that survey done to resolve that boundary dispute.  Besides before you build that house, you will need a plat of survey.  If you need a Certified Survey Map, John Downing, the owner of Land Tech Surveying and Engineering can take care of all your needs.  Do you have a large piece of land that you want to develop?  Call Land Tech and get some consulting.

Are you paying flood insurance on your house, and you stayed high and dry in the great floods of 2007?  Give Land Tech a call and we can take care of your flood insurance problem.  We can do the survey and paper work for an Elevation Certificate that FEMA requires to rid yourself of flood insurance.

Feel free to email us at or call me at 262-367-7599.

All my best,
John D. Downing R.L.S.